I’m sure you’ve heard or seen advertisements of companies that say “We Buy Santa Clarita Houses” or “Cash For Your House”. These advertisements are sometimes on billboards or on those tacky yellow signs.
Are These “We Buy Houses in Santa Clarita Companies” Credible?
How do I know if these local house buying companies are honest and credible?
Well… at first glance these companies will all look pretty similar… but we’re going to go over some things to look for in each of these local house buying companies before you do business with them.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that helps neighborhoods and home sellers in a variety of ways. As with many fields of business, there’s a few bad actors that give a bad name to the rest of the field. Many of the house buying companies are truly there to help; we’re problem solvers but there’s some that just see $$ and take advantage of people.
When you find the ethical home buyers, it’s great to do business with them. They listen to you and try to help in any way possible. They’re there to solve your problem and improve neighborhoods one house at a time.
And then there’s shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients and who would
On the other side, there’s shady, dishonest home buyers that are blinded by money and will try to take as much money from you as possible. These buyers would sign the contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other – just to make a little bit of money.
Yes, they are out there.
We’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can buy your house for a fair all cash offer and close on your schedule.
Let us help you avoid these “shady house buyers”! We want you to work with honest, reputable, and ethical local companies that can buy your home fast, at a fair price and can close on your schedule, either next week or a couple months. Good local home buyers are there to work for you not against you.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing.
What Reputable Santa Clarita House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping owners improve their financial position by accessing the money they need right away. Owners often need fast cash to cover unexpected expenses such as medical expenses or relocation expenses. We can make that happen in a couple days with a hassle free sale process.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having countless open houses and months of uncertainty when listing with a real estate agent or broker.
- Creating local jobs. We work with local contractors, plumbers, electricians, title agents, loan officers, administrators and many other local professionals throughout our entire process. On average a real estate transaction involves 85 people from beginning to end. Our real estate investments help communities by creating real jobs for people in and around Santa Clarita CA
- Buying US products. As much as possible, we buy goods that are produced here in the United States. By buying US based products we are able to support jobs around the United States in areas such as timber mills, factories, supply shops distribution centers and many more. The US economy depends on steady improvement and a good circulation of money, and that requires investments from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Santa Clarita neighborhoods. When we buy a home, especially an abandoned and neglected home, we typically rehab the home and make it look like something you would see on HGTV. When we turn these abandoned homes into desirable homes for families, we bring up the overall value of the neighboring homes thus strengthening Santa Clarita‘s market as a whole.
- Increasing the tax base. After we remodel the home and sell it to a new buyer, they’ll pay a higher tax rate on the improved value of the home. Those taxes go to pay for a lot of the public sectors in our communities such as: schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
While HGTV shows some beautiful homes it kind of distorts the reality of house flippers. Many people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. These shows hype up the drama of flipping because what we do on a daily basis is honestly pretty boring.
Our work mostly consists of emails and phone calls to coordinate a lot of people and make sure all moving parts are operating efficiently and on schedule.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk with a local home buyer to sell your home in Santa Clarita… ask them questions that go past the money and the house. You want to know their character. This is one of the best ways to know if they are truly reputable, knowledgeable, and honest.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – Closing should always happen through a neutral third party such as a title and escrow company or a closing attorney. These title and escrow companies are regulated and are required to be neutral parties to a transaction. If a buyer tries to get you to sign over the deed at your house, instead of using a title or escrow company… personally, I’d run fast and never look back.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – A reputable and trustworthy house buyer will never pressure you into selling your house by saying you need to make a decision immediately. Most good house buying companies will make you an offer that can be accepted within the next 48 hours at a minimum and can go up to 7 days. Even reputable house buying companies like us at SK Home Buyers have to put an expiration on the offer because markets and values change continuously. We wouldn’t want you to accept our offer a month down the road and us say that the offered number no longer works. Also, we buy multiple properties every month and when we make you an offer we want you to be confident that we are able to purchase your home. When we have a deadline we’re able to set aside cash for the purchase until you decide whether or not to accept our offer. If you accept we can close on whichever day you want. If you feel it’s not the right fit, we can then allocate those funds to help another seller.
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
Chances are they will find a good reason to cut your conversation short if you ask too many questions. A good home buyer welcomes questions and wants you to feel comfortable with them before proceeding.
True investors who run honest and ethical Santa Clarita house buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Santa Clarita companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!