Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination and has a lot of moving parts. We receive local Santa Clarita home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website all the time saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Santa Clarita“. It’s great though because we’re able to help a lot of those sellers sell their house quickly so they can have a smooth move (because we’re actively buying houses in Santa Clarita CA right now!).
When relocating you’re dealing with an insane amount of moving parts and details to keep together. There’s also the stress of why you’re relocating in the first place – many times people are relocating due to a job or ill family member, but no matter the reasoning it’s a stressful process.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
No one wants to get stuck owning and maintaining a vacant home for years that they don’t really want or need. On top of that, paying 2 mortgages and double property taxes can take a financial toll.
The market has been looking pretty good in Santa Clarita and surrounding areas of CA, but things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades, like look at the great recession. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Santa Clarita CA house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Santa Clarita… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: Agents are a great way to find out the value of your home because they’re more than happy to tell you what your home is worth. An agent will run a comparative analysis to see at what price homes similar to yours are selling. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how much you may be able to sell the house but make sure that the properties used for comparison sold in the time frame you need to sell your home.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen many professionals have to relocate out of state suddenly and then there home sits on the market for over a year just to then be sold for a much much lower price than what they wanted. On top of that accounting for double payments they lost way more money than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Stay on top of it and get the ball rolling immediately so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it your house goes unsold… costs you money. Real estate agents are great but if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer so you don’t have to deal with the hassle of listing your property for months. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to get the best price for our house but one thing many people don’t think about is how much $ it costs them to hold onto the house for each month in order to get a higher price. These costs can can add up quicker than you think. The costs involved in most cases include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, most of the payment is going towards interest, not principle), insurance, taxes, maintenance, utilities etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + $12,000 in real estate agent fees and commissions (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent) + $4,000 in closing costs. Totaling $27,200 in LOST money. That’s not even accounting for the time, the stress that comes along with worrying when you’ll get it sold, the opportunity costs for what you could of been doing with that money during those 7 months. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $35,000. What if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Let’s say, if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still coming out ahead by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees).Make sense?
- Take action!: Either way you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Santa Clarita CA agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s always a small chance your house might be someone’s dream home and they’ll be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be pretty similar to the surrounding homes, similar to the way people who live next to each other tend to have a lot in common. So unless you’re house is newly remodeled or has some truly exceptional features, as in HGTV quality, you probably won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
Another great win-win scenario is to market your property for sale and rent simultaneously and see which one happens first. Who knows you may become the next real estate mogul. When doing this though you have to control the process not all real estate agents and/or brokers are used to this.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is SK Home Buyers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Santa Clarita?
We’re a family owned real estate investment company. So, yes, we’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Santa Clarita home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Want a hassle free sales process
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- Don’t have enough equity to sell the traditional ways
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people and we believe in the Santa Clarita community.
We’re honest and straightforward. We’re here to help!
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Santa Clarita real estate, so please feel free to call us at (661) 535-0778 and chat with us anytime.